Have you registered for the NHS Electronic Prescription Service ?
Let Knights Pharmacy be your Pharmacy of choice for the NHS Electronic Prescription Service.
LEARN ABOUT EPS
- What is Electronic Prescription Service?
- This new service lets your GP practice send your prescription electronically to the place you choose to get your medication or appliance from – without the need for paper in some cases. This means there is less need for people with repeat prescriptions to call at their GP practice just to collect a prescription form.
- How does the Electronic Prescription Service work?
- At first, if you want your GP to send your prescription electronically, you must choose, or ‘nominate’, a place to receive your electronic prescriptions. This could be a pharmacy, dispensing appliance contractor or your GP practice if you are entitled to collect medication from there. Nomination works in a similar way to a prescription collection service where the pharmacy collects your prescription for you instead of you having to collect it from your GP practice. The main difference with nomination is that your prescription will be sent electronically and you don’t have to nominate a place that is close to your GP practice. For example, you could choose to nominate a place that is convenient to where you live, work or shop.
- When will I be able to start using the Electronic Prescription Service?
- Different GP practices, pharmacies and dispensing appliance contractors will start using the second stage of the Electronic Prescription Service at different times. Your prescriptions cannot be sent electronically until your GP practice starts offering the service. Your GP practice can tell you when this will happen or look for the Electronic Prescription Service sign. Does using nomination mean I will see my GP less often?
- My carer usually collects my prescription for me. Can they request for nomination to be recorded on my behalf?
- Yes, but they will need to know some of your personal information such as your name, date of birth and address to do this.
- I use my paper prescription to request my next repeat prescription issue. How can I do this if I don’t receive a paper copy?
- As electronic prescriptions are used more and more, GP practices may start offering different ways to order repeat prescriptions that will not require a paper copy of the prescription. However, if you do require a paper copy, simply ask for one when you collect your medication or appliance.
- Do I need to be able to use a computer to use the Electronic Prescription Service?
- No. The people who provide your prescription and medication will be using a computer.
- Can I nominate a chain of pharmacies or dispensing appliance contractors?
- You can only nominate a specific location to receive your electronic prescriptions.
- Can I choose for my prescription not to be sent using the Electronic Prescription Service?
- Yes, but if you decide not to use it, you won’t be able to use nomination. This means you will need to continue to make arrangements to collect your paper prescription from your GP practice.
Enter Your Post Code to select a Knights Pharmacy branch to nominate