Get Your Flu Vaccine in Liverpool
Are you looking to get your flu vaccine in Liverpool? Look no further than Knights Pharmacy, your friendly neighbourhood pharmacy. As the seasons change and the temperatures drop, the flu virus becomes more active. Fortunately, we’re here to share valuable information on how you can prevent the flu and, if necessary, obtain a flu vaccine right here in Liverpool. Let’s dive in and explore the importance of flu prevention and the flu vaccine.
Understanding the Flu
The flu, short for influenza, is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. It can lead to a range of symptoms, from mild to severe, and sometimes even hospitalization or death. The flu typically spreads through respiratory droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes. To protect yourself and your loved ones, it’s essential to understand how to prevent its spread.
Ways to Prevent the Flu
- Flu Vaccination: The most effective way to protect yourself from the flu is by getting vaccinated. The flu vaccine stimulates your immune system to produce antibodies, making it better equipped to fight the virus if you’re exposed.
- Hand Hygiene: Regularly washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds can help prevent the flu virus from spreading through touch.
- Respiratory Hygiene: Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when you cough or sneeze, and dispose of tissues properly. This practice helps prevent the spread of the virus through respiratory droplets.
- Avoid Close Contact: If you’re feeling unwell, it’s best to stay home to prevent infecting others. Maintain physical distance from people who are sick to reduce your risk of exposure.
- Clean and Disinfect: Frequently touched surfaces and objects can harbour the flu virus. Regularly clean and disinfect these areas, especially in shared spaces.
The Flu Vaccine in Liverpool
At Knights Pharmacy in Liverpool, we offer the flu vaccine to keep you protected during the flu season. You may wonder who is eligible for the free NHS flu vaccine. Here are the criteria:
The flu vaccine is given free on the NHS to adults who:
- are 65 and over (including those who will be 65 by 31 March 2024)
- have certain health conditions
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get a severe infection due to a weakened immune system, such as someone living with HIV, someone who has had a transplant, or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis
If you fall under any of these categories, you are eligible for a free flu vaccine through the NHS.
However, if you are not eligible for the free NHS flu vaccination, you can still obtain one privately through our pharmacy. We are here to ensure that everyone in Liverpool has access to this essential preventive measure. Book your flu vaccine appointment with us today!
Book an Appointment
Preventing the flu is a community effort, and getting vaccinated is the first line of defence. At Knights Pharmacy in Liverpool, we are committed to helping you stay healthy throughout the flu season. Whether you’re eligible for the free NHS flu vaccine or seeking a private vaccination, we’re here to serve you. Protect yourself and your loved ones from the flu – book your flu vaccine appointment with us today. Together, we can keep Liverpool healthy and flu-free! Contact us to find out more.
This blog was written on behalf of Knights Pharmacy by Pharmacy Mentor.